When you are first starting Ready, Set, Food! with your baby, we recommend adding the daily pre-measured packets to your child's bottle, or mixed into solid food, at the beginning of the day to better monitor how your baby is reacting to the introduction of the allergens. A reaction can occur immediately, and almost always within 2 hours after consumption.
We recommend choosing a weekday to start in case you need to contact your health care provider. They're more likely to be available for any concerns you may have.
More tips on how to safely introduce:
- Choose a weekday morning when you can be fully attentive for 2 hours to monitor your baby.
- Always start with a healthy and happy baby. It is not recommended to start if your little one is not feeling well.
- Start by providing just a very small bite, and wait about 10 minutes to check for a reaction.
- If no reaction occurs, continue to feed the rest to your baby.
- Follow the same process for the remaining introduction days.
- Continue to feed your baby the maintenance packets once daily to keep up with the exposure.